Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Short update....

What's new this week:

1) I'm OLD! The big 2-0 was on Monday, didn't do anything too exciting, supper with Laura, and a glass of wine (ok, it was sangria), and then I fell asleep pretty early, in the bathtub! I decided to relax a bit, and take a bath, and I guess I was relaxed enough to just fall asleep. When I woke up the water was, well, less than warm. 

2) CanCun Campbell! AMAZING party! I served the entire night, but I had so much fun and it seemed like everyone else was enjoying themselves too. The clean-up took forever, and there were a few things that hindered the clean up process. We'd had a bubble machine next to the dance floor, which made the floor pretty slippery when someone spilt a drink or something on it. My friend Sue was just standing in the middle of the dance floor, chatting with a few of us, and took one step to get off the dance floor, and ended up on the floor. I think she's fine now, but it was probably pretty painful for her at the time. Someone left frozen vegetables in the freezer on the first floor, so we "borrowed" those to let her ice her knee. Aside from that, I think things ended pretty well. I will post some pictures next time! 

3) GMB, Global Medical Brigades had a little get together on saturday night for everyone who's going down to Honduras next month, a way for all of use to get to know each other outside of the info-meetings. We ended up playing Scatagories and dancing to really old music, like Aqua, and left for the pub close to midnight. It was pretty fun, especially getting to know some of the more shy members of our group. 

We're leaving in just over a month for Honduras, and I am getting pretty excited. There is still lots to be done though. Most of us have had our vaccinations and have filled out the forms the school needs us to, but we've still got to take an international travel exam required by the University, since we're a school group. I've heard from some people it takes a while to get through, but is pretty common-sense based stuff. I will post some more info about the group, what we'll be doing, and maybe when I'm back, some photos and videos of what it was like. 

4) School: School is getting into the swing of things. I am a bit worried about this semester, not because of the work or anything, but I just hope that I can settle down and work a bit more than previous terms. I always start off with the best of intentions and goals, but I don't always end up fulfilling them, or I self-sabotage. We'll see how it goes, I am taking a lot of courses I am really interested in, so that should help. 

5) STILL OLD! Hahaha, I still feel like being 20 is...well, it is odd to wrap my head around it. 


Well that is my update for now, I am sitting in the library and should get some of this reading done, I've got plenty to do. 
Until next time!
Patrick 

No comments: