Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Delivery!

Today we made our delivery to the Food Bank here in Sackville with all of the food goods we raised on Halloween, during the Trick or Eat campaign. $4400 worth of food, 1759 meals, and a lot of happy, less hungry people!! I am beyond amazed at the success we had this year, and a huge shout-out has to go to the Campus Life committee, and the rest of the SAC exec for making it a big success, Thanks guys!

Saturday night was the night of many events, after running Trick or Eat, I moved onto getting the student centre ready for the Halloween party that we were hosting that night, THUD.
THUD could have been a huge FLOP, we could have not been anywhere near ready for when the doors opened at 10pm, the bars could have been empty or understaffed, people could just rush the doors and trample over everyone trying to collect money and ID them. None of those things happened. The doors were staffed, the bars were great, the dance floors were packed, and it seemed as though everyone was having a good night.

The past few days have been recovery and clean up, and I ended up pretty sick and stuck in bed Monday and Tuesday. I've been in recovery mode today, still exhausted with a wicked cough, but I am on the mend...for now. H1N1 has hit Sackville, and a lot of people are sick around campus, but it is also that time of year when people start getting colds, and the regular flu, and other stuff. If you're sick, stay home! Don't go to class, it makes other people sick!

That has to be one of my pet peeves, sitting in an exam or in a class with someone in my immediate vicinity that has a cough or runny, sniffley nose, and of course doesn't have any tissues or won't step out of the room to blow their nose... but I am also aware of the fact that I've also caught myself as that person once or twice. Oh the joys of being a student, you know you have to go to class, but if you're sick, how sick do you have to be to justify staying home? Ever the question!

That's all for now folks, I'll try and upload some pics from Saturday night's Trick or Eat and THUD festivities.

Patrick

No comments: