Friday, April 9, 2010

The Easter Bunny does Toronto & End of term!

Well well, how are you today? Tonight is night, or morning, number 4 of my late-night/early-morning marathons for academia! I think the record thus far was made on Tuesday, the good ol' 5:30am bedtime. It was great, I knew I didn't have class until 1:30pm on Wednesday, and I was going to sleep all day. That was my plan, until the construction crew started things up at 7am right outside my window... Coffee, Redbull and Diet Coke have reaffirmed their friendship with my body, gotta love end of term craziness.

I am really looking forward to being done and finished with this year, it has been a good one, but a challenging one.

I was in Toronto over easter, it was great, love the city, love being able to be independent now that I am pretty familiar with the basics of the TTC.

My twin brother, the one who will some day be more famous than he already thinks he is, was in a show at his college over the weekend, Pride and Prejudice. Now, I went into this hoping I wouldn't fall asleep 10 minutes in and be the awkward guy snoring in the 2nd row, leaning on what's-her-face's great aunt (they call them Ants in Ontario though...) who'd come in on a tour bus with 30 other family members but was the only one not sitting with the family and got stuck next to the snoring guy in the 2nd row... And turns out I wasn't that guy. The show was hilarious!! I loved it! It was one of the best performances I've seen all year!!

I got to see some friends from home when we went out over the weekend- I haven't seen my friend Sarah since she graduated from our high school- and I was in 9th grade at the time!

Now, I've been mentioning and dropping hints that I'm MOVING TO FRANCE for the summer through my past few posts... and well, it is all happening over the next 12 days. I have close to 60 pages of written work to submit, 2 final projects, an exam, a defense, and a lot of packing and cleaning then repacking to do before I can board the plane and say Adieu! to New Brunswick- and Canada- for the summer! Don't worry- they have internet in Europe... I hope! So I will be posting from there, some pictures and updates about the trip... the wine.. and the food! Oh the food is probably what I am most looking forward to, second to just being in Europe!

Alrighty, back to work for me. As my mother would say...and I am already embarrassed that I'm putting this online... Pitter Patter, let's get at 'er!

No comments: