Friday, July 10, 2009

Back in the Sack

There is nothing quite like Family reunions, or Family Weddings. I always come away from them wishing I had another week to recover from them. This time, it was my sister's wedding. 

Most of our family flew up to Toronto, then drove to Haliburton, to see my sister marry her then fiancé-now husband (still getting used to that!)- Patrick. Yes, his name is Patrick. A bit confusing when you're around both his family and ours.

She married into a family that is almost the mirror image of our family in New Brunswick;
there are too many to count, keep track of names, and you're always being introduced to Aunts, Uncles and cousins you never knew you had. If you had to give it a title, I think everyone would have agreed on "My Big Fat Irish Catholic Wedding"

It was nice to get out of Sackville for a week, get some much needed shopping done (there isn't anywhere in Sackville to buy socks!), and see my siblings. My twin brother (kevin)  and sister (Katie) live in Toronto, and I get to see them a few times a year. Between family reunions, trips to Toronto, and holidays. I was also able to pencil in some friends while I was up in the city. Laura is working up there for the summer for MSF (Doctors without Borders) and we went shopping for my wedding outfit together, and finished off the outfit by running around the Eaton Centre frantically with 5 minutes before all the stores closed, to find the right tie. 

I got an email from my friend Allie's parents the other day, they forwarded along the email she sent out from the Amazon, she seems to be having a great time, and I am looking forward to hearing all of the interesting  stories and of course, like I've been saying for the past few weeks, to see Coldplay! 

We've been getting the housing assignment letters ready for the past few days in Isobel's office, and I have had this one song stuck in my head, and I just cannot seem to remember what it is called, so I have to keep asking Sacha. Nothing too interesting, just a good upbeat to keep us motivated while we're stuffing the close to 800 Residence letters... which will go out this week! I still can't remember what it is, so this one is going out to Keleigh 



Well, that's all for today. I am off to lunch, the cafĂ© has a BBQ on today which Sarah and I usually go to, but since she's enroute to Thailand/in TO for the time being, I am going to have a 2nd burger for her. 
Until next time! 

No comments: