Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mid-Term Mania!

I wish I could post a longer blog tonight, but I am just Blogcratinating right now (blogging as a means of procrastination).

Two Mid-terms tomorrow. One I am pretty prepared for, the other...less so. Dr. Jordan, go easy on us... please?

We had our first SAC council meeting tonight, it went well, for what was discussed. A lot of councillors are new to their positions, our bylaws and constitution, and rules of order, so I feel as though a lot of them were a bit more timid than they usually are...or will be.
The major point of discussion on the agenda this evening was our Presidential situation. A few talking points were presented as potential options. I really don't know what council is going to decide to do, all I know is I have my one vote in council, and who knows how far that will go.
It made for some interesting albeit occasionally circular discussion.

We transfered power back to Council, from the Executive- we hold power over the summer while there is no elected council, so we can get stuff done and still function as an organization- it was as simple as a motion, a 2nd, and then a vote. No more executive control. It is a bit of a relief. At the same time, kind of disappointing.

Physical Geography and Women/Gender Studies midterms tomorrow... not looking forward to the two of them, back-to-back, and a morning full of meetings just before.

I'll survive to blog again another day.
Back to the books, night!


No comments: