Friday, August 7, 2009

P-Faux & the Amazonian Queen



So Chris Martin and I are pretty much best friends now. Allie and I saw Coldplay live last week. It was one of the most amazing concerts I have ever been to. The music was pretty amazing, but the performance is what blew me away.... They played every song we hoped they would, even the ones we weren't expecting them to perform, they ended up playing most of them! 


The music was pretty amazing, but the performance is what blew me away.... They played every song we hoped they would, even the ones we weren't expecting them to perform, they ended up playing most of them! Our seats were also pretty amazing, we were right there on the stadium floor. Oh! And to top it off they gave everyone that showed up a copy of their new album as we left the stadium, for free!! I guess that makes up for the fact that 1 beer cost me $10!!






Aside from Coldplay, I was able to take in a few other shows while I was in Toronto. My friend Leah organized a show with some of her fellow Masters students at U of T, and they put on an amazing show. She conducted the Wind pieces, and performed a bit.  There was a good 10 minutes worth of 12-Tone pieces that I think everyone just accepted that we had to sit through... but overall it was pretty good. Oh! And they gave everyone that showed up a copy of their new album as we left the stadium, for free!! 

My twin brother goes to a Performing Arts/Musical Theatre school in the city, so I was able to stop by and see his school for the first time. I went by on my last night there, and they were having their graduation performance. I think the show they were putting on was called SMILE, something about a Beauty Pageant. It was really odd how many people from home, and from Mount A I ran into at that show! There were at least 10 people I knew, at this tiny little theatre off Bathurst, it goes to show you that the world is pretty small. 

I would love to live in a big city. If for nothing else, for the food! I love being able to walk down a street and see 15 different types of restaurants. My favorite place is off Yonge and Bay, Indochine. It was amazing. And CHEAP (ish)! I nagged my brother to go there with me for the entire time I was in the city, but he ended up wanting to go elsewhere with friends the night I decided to go for dinner there. So, I went by myself, and I honestly, could not have been more content. I usually find it a bit awkward to go out to a restaurant by myself, but I was enjoying the food enough that I really didn't care. They've also go really good homemade Iced Tea. 

I had the chance to go out to lunch with a few friends who're spending their summers in Toronto, who are working, or rehearsing, or doing summer research. I am a bit envious of their summers simply for geographic reasons. I enjoyed catching up with them, and I really am excited for the Fall, once most of my friends start coming back to town. Sarah is flying back from Bangkok tonight! She's staying in Toronto until just before our SAC executive retreat, so I will get to see her around the 25th. Very excited to see her pictures from her summer in Thailand.  

The summer is winding down now. Less than a month until new students move in! I am really excited to start the academic year, and to get SAC stuff up and running. It is going to be a busy year, but I think I can handle it. 

Well, I think that is enough for one post. Lots more to talk about, but I guess I will save it for another time. This is the most ridiculous thing I have seen since being back in Sackville. I can hear Suzette laughing in her office already,  just check it out (shout-out to Sacha and Rach for showing me this during non-work hours, of course): 


2 comments:

R said...

Ooh, sounds fun! Coldplay live...that would be good.

Sorry I haven't been commenting, but as a question...in response to an earlier post...can you not buy socks at Jean Coutu?

Missing MTA terribly as the schoolyear starts.

Patrick said...

hmm, tried, but alas no. Apparently though, Suzette seems to think the dollar store has some..