Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Done, gone home and came back.

Well, the year is over. I'm pretty much done my 2nd year here at Mount A, and could not be happier that the summer has come at last, even if it still isn't as warm as I wish it was. That being said, I am still wearing short and flip flops around every day. 

I've started working, I should be working right now, but I thought I'd take a minute to give you guys an update. I am working for Mount A's summer camps, Go Global, Go Global Canada, and the Explore camps offered through Mount A. I get to work with kids from grades 3-12, from Canada, Saudi Arabia, India and Japan. This week and next we are programming for the activities and stuff we're going to have them do, and the weekend excursions for the International students. I am also in charge of teaching them the Geography/Environmental Science Seminars and organizing the Athletics portion of their camps. I am excited about it. 

I've moved into my apartment and it is nice. I have no furniture, aside from 2 chairs, a table and a Lamp. My bed isn't even in my apartment haha, I am sleeping in my room mate's room until I move it from my friends house. I would love to get a couch at some point too, it is just a matter of moving everything. I don't have a car or a truck, so it makes things tricky... anyway, it will get figured out. 

Since I don't have cable yet, I have been reading a lot lately. I am reading the Pillars of the Earth, by Ken Follet. It is pretty interesting so far, I love having time to read for pleasure again. I never have any time during the school year to read things outside of required readings/class texts. 

I'm off to lunch! It is sunny in Sackville today, but it won't last. It has been raining for pretty much the entire week, less Saturday. I'll try and post again this week. Hope everyone's summers are going well!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hi Patrick,

I am attending MTA in the fall and was just wondering about how you got a job for their summer camps. It seems like an ideal job for me, and especially if I really want to stay in Sackville for the summer. Is it pretty straight forward and easy to apply for?